We have reviewed many AI tools, from voice synthesis to writing assistants. But right now, nothing is as popular as ChatGPT. So today, we are excited to share with you the latest fact-checked stats and curiosities about it.
And in case you didn’t know, ChatGPT is a product of Open AI, which is the technology behind most of the AI SaaS on the market. We previously have blogged about OpenAI’s facts, and It’s time for some statistics regarding ChatGPT specifically.
So, whether you’re a business, a data enthusiast or simply curious about this trending and powerful tool, join us on this journey to explore the interesting numbers and trivia that we have to offer.
ChatGPT Info You Should Know
Before we get started, let us give you a quick recap about ChatGPT.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT is a conversational AI system that uses a large-scale neural network model to generate natural and engaging responses to user messages.
It was first released in 2021 in beta mode under different names, such as Open AI playground, and it was then officially released in November 2022 under the name of ChatGPT.
It has since been updated with new features and capabilities, while thanks to its machine learning and users feedback kept improving in accuracy.
Taking to the skies, ChatGPT soared past the remarkable milestone of 1 million users within just five days of its launch, sending shockwaves across the tech industry.
Sam Altman, the founder of OpenAI, confirmed this incredible feat through his Twitter account, cementing ChatGPT’s status as a game-changing innovation in the world of language models.
As it turns out, the rapid adoption of this cutting-edge technology was just the beginning.
Here are some noteworthy points about ChatGPT’s user base growth:
- In January 2023, ChatGPT’s users crossed 57 million, a staggering feat in and of itself.
- By February 2023, ChatGPT’s user base had surged past 100 million, a monumental accomplishment.
- ChatGPT’s adoption rate is the fastest in the tech industry’s history.
- This phenomenal growth is a testament to the power of word-of-mouth marketing, which ChatGPT has been able to generate like no other technology.
5 ChatGpt Curiosities
1) Multiple features. ChatGPT does not only answer simple questions. It can generate various types of content, such as poems, stories, jokes, lyrics, code, essays, summaries, tweets, and more. It can also help users rewrite, improve, or optimize their content.
2) Unique tone and emotion. ChatGPT can adapt to different personalities, tones, styles, and emotions based on the user’s preferences and feedback. It can also express its own opinions, preferences, and emotions respectfully and politely.
3) Consistent dialogue. It can give suggestions and perform web searches. It can also handle multiple topics and intents within a conversation and maintain a coherent and consistent dialogue history.
4) Sense of humor. ChatGPT has a sense of humor and can make jokes or puns that are relevant and appropriate to the context. It can also appreciate the user’s humor and laugh or smile along with them.
5) Aware of its limits and politically correct. The ChatGPT is aware of its own identity and limitations as a chatbot. It does not pretend to be human or claim to have any life experiences or sentience. It also respects the user’s privacy and does not ask for any personal or sensitive information.
This is because ChatGPT follows a set of rules and safety guidelines to ensure that its responses are not harmful, offensive, or inappropriate.
It does not generate any content that violates copyrights or promotes violence, hate speech, illegal activities, or misinformation. It also declines to engage in any argumentative or abusive conversations with the user.
We could say that ChatGPT is a politically correct bot!
11 ChatGPT Stats & Facts
1) It is based on GPT-4 technology. ChatGPT uses GPT-4, the latest milestone in OpenAI’s effort to scale up deep learning. GPT-4 is a large multimodal model that accepts image and text inputs and emits text outputs.
2) It is built out of an immense amount of data. GPT-4 contains 570 gigabytes of text data, which is equivalent to roughly 164,129 times the number of words in the entire Lord of the Rings series (including The Hobbit). It has billions of parameters and was trained on a dataset of 300 billion words.
3) It passes exams as a top student. GPT-4 is able to pass a simulated bar exam with a score around the top 10% of test takers; in contrast, GPT-3.5’s score was around the bottom 10%. It also exhibits human-level performance on various professional and academic benchmarks.
4) It speaks 100+ languages. ChatGPT can communicate fluently in over 100 languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Hindi, and more. It can also switch between languages within a conversation or translate messages from one language to another. ChatGPT is a true polyglot!
5) It has 200+ billion parameters. OpenAI ChatGPT has over 200 billion parameters, making it one of the largest language models in the world. And, new parameters are added every day. ChatGPT was trained on a massive corpus of text from the internet, including web pages, books, news articles, social media posts, and more.
6) Massive revenue is to come. OpenAI’s revenue predictions for ChatGPT are $200 million by the end of 2023 and $1 billion by the end of 2024. The valuation of the parent company of ChatGPT has reached $29 billion as of 2023.
7) Running ChatGPT technology is crazy expensive. The tool would cost approximately $100,000 per day or $3 million per month to run on Microsoft’s Azure Cloud, with each word generated costing $0.0003. Since OpenAI owns its own cloud servers the costs are not as much, but still massive, also because AI consumes a lot of computing power.
8) Microsoft owns nearly half of ChatGPT. Microsoft invested $10 billion in OpenAI, gaining 46% of stake ownership of the company. $1 billion was received by OpenAI from Microsoft in the initial stages of the development of ChatGPT.
9) Millions of unique users visit its website each day. The site received an average of 13 million unique visitors each day in January 2023, with traffic growing by roughly 3.4% per day. The website has 99.97% organic traffic and 0.03% paid traffic. The website has just an 18.24% bounce rate.
10) Most of ChatGPT users are males. The majority (62.52%) of OpenAI’s site visitors are aged between 18 and 34, and 65.68% are male, compared to 34.32% female.
11) Half of people are unable to tell that ChatGPT’s content is artificially generated. An average of 53% of people can’t tell that AI-generated ChatGPT content.
The advancements in AI technology have led to an exciting era in the world of search engines. The emergence of ChatGPT and its integration with Bing search has sparked competition in the search engine market, leading to the introduction of Google’s Bard.
The market is now witnessing a race between these two giants to deploy the most advanced AI-powered search engine experience, while providing users with more natural and intuitive search results.
It will be fascinating to see how the integration of AI in search engines evolves in the coming years and how it transforms the search experience for millions of users worldwide.
However, while AI always comes in handy, some say it will never suppress human knowledge, as it lacks that personal touch and insight.
But we are also thinking, “If everything can be done by an AI, from basic to advanced level of work, then what will be the role of humans here?”
Or, as some people are afraid of, will AI become self-conscious and able to control and generate itself without human intervention in a few more years?
What will happen if that occurs? Is there going to be a real “person of interest” series?
Let us know your comments and predictions about this below! See you all in the next exciting blog post and peace out!✌️