Everyone knows YouTube was launched on February 14, 2005, and it has been growing ever since. The site is now the second most visited website in the world after Google.com.
The number of videos uploaded to YouTube every day is staggering. In fact, there are more than 720,000 hours being uploaded each day by users, and 1 billion hours of video being watched on YouTube each month. That’s a lot of time spent watching content that you can find on YouTube!
But, YouTube is not just simple videos anymore. Over the years, different types of video content have been introduced, from Live streams – all the way down to the most recent format – Shorts.
And do you know when YouTube Live streaming was introduced? It was back in 2011. Since then, YouTube Live streaming has become one of the most popular ways for people to watch videos online, with other platforms such as Twitch making its success out of live streaming.
This article will look at YouTube Live stream statistics to learn more about it. We will also discuss how many views YouTube live streams get and what kind of audience they attract.
But let’s start first with some basic information about the YouTube live stream.
What Is a YouTube Live Stream?
Live streaming is the process of broadcasting your own webcast or event over the internet. You can use any device, like a computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc., to broadcast your events.
You can also use a webcam to record yourself while talking or playing an instrument. This way, you can share your experience with others who cannot attend the event.
Livestreaming is becoming increasingly popular as more and more people realize its benefits, and as you will see in a moment from its stats.
Why Using YouTube Live Streaming? (Benefits)
There are several reasons why you should consider using YouTube Live Streaming. Here are some of them:
- You don’t have to pay anything to host your event. All you need is a good Internet connection.
- You can reach out to a much larger audience than if you were hosting offline.
- You can easily add interactive features such as polls, chat rooms, and other social media features.
- You can make money from advertising on your live stream or from extra features such as Super chat.
- You can create a professional-looking live stream.
- You can easily promote your event to subscribers.
- You can get organic traffic thanks to the algorithm from new users.
- You can even sell tickets to your event.
- You can quickly build up a following on YouTube by deploying your live stream.
10 Statistics for YouTube Live Stream
The number of people watching live streams has gone through the roof, and some people now spend most of their time on YouTube watching live streams over traditional video content.
For instance, around 30% of users view and watch at least one Live stream on YouTube a week. A few Youtube channels have disclosed that they are earning more than 3 million dollars via YouTube Super Chat – a Live stream feature.
Clearly, live streaming via YouTube is crucial in content creation and has many benefits, such as:
- Reaching new audiences
- Making Money (Ads & Super Chat)
- Enhancing audience engagement
But now, it is time for our 10 essential statistics about YouTube Live streaming.
1) 30% of people watch one (or more) live stream per month
A recent survey found that thirty percent of individuals stated they viewed at least one live video stream on YouTube weekly. (Source: Digital 2022- Global Overview)
2) Live stream revenue will reach massive heights
By 2027, it is anticipated that Youtube live video streaming will generate revenues of $184.27 billion. (Source: Grand research)
3) 4 million people were watching one YouTube Live stream
Over four million people simultaneously watched SpaceX break the record for the most as simultaneous views on a YouTube live stream anywhere in the world. (Source: Playboard)
3) The second most watch YouTube Live stream peaked nearly 4 millions
The second most watched live stream to date is Hybe Labels, which holds 3,747,967 Peak Concurrent viewers, till now. (Source: Playboard)
5) In the last 2 years YouTube Live streams became increasingly popular
Sixty percent of the top 100 most-watched live streams on YouTube took place in the last two years. (Source: Think with Google)
6) Also a brand was able to gather over 3 millions of live viewers
With almost 3.6 million views concurrently, an Apple live feed on YouTube in the United States had the third spot for most viewers watching simultaneously. (Source: Playboard)
7) A single YouTube channel made 270 million revenue out of Livestream
“Rushia Ch. 潤羽るしあ” is the name of the YouTube channel that has received the highest number of Super chats so far”, with a revenue of $272,013,062 Super Chat revenue with 273,923 counts. (Source: Playboard)
8) The pandemic gave a further boost to YouTube Live streams
In the year 2020, amid the pandemic, over half a million channels started broadcasting Livestream for the first time. (Source: YouTube Trend)
9) A U.S. based channel made 130 million dollars so far off YouTube Live streaming
“Timcast IRL” has earned a total of $130,198,587 in income via super chats on YouTube, making it the most super-chatted channel in the history of the United States with 148,356 Counts.
10) Elders are contributing around 30% on YouTube Livestream
10. People between the ages of 50 and 64 make up 30.4% of weekly live stream viewers. (Source: DIGITAL 2022: GLOBAL OVERVIEW REPORT)
8 TIPSto grow your YouTube audience WITH LIVE STREAMS
As you see these amazing YouTube Live stream stats, We believe you all can understand the importance and potential of Youtube Live streaming.
It allows you to easily share what’s happening in your life through video – from cooking new recipes to a trip around the world – and you can count on YouTube’s existing audience to get new viewers.
However, here are some tips for you all to engage and grow the audience via your YouTube Live Streams, to make the best out of them. And remember that whatever strategy you are using, Consistency is the Key to success. So, here’s how to do it!
- Optimize your Live Streams SEO – Optimizing your YouTube videos is essential because this helps to improve your ranking on search engine results pages. Always follow YouTube SEO practices! For instance, make sure your title is catchy and tells viewers what they can expect from your stream.
- Create Quality Content – Quality content is what attracts people to watch your videos. People love to watch videos that have good-quality content. If you create high-quality livestream, you can attract more viewers. Talk about interesting topics or host special guests. Also, try to add visual elements like images or graphics to enhance the quality of your videos.
- Use Social Media Platforms – Social media platforms are powerful tools for growing your audience. Use them to promote your YouTube Live streams across different social networks. Make sure to use relevant hashtags so people can easily find you.
- Engage With Your Audience – When you start a live stream, ensure you interact with your audience. Ask questions, answer comments, give shoutouts and even respond to negative feedback. Of course, be positive, never be arrogant on Live! Reply to them with a positive attitude, possibly. Engaging with your audience shows that you care about their opinions and presence.
- Giveaway some fun prizes during your stream! This will not only increase viewership, but also help you build relationships with your subscribers.
- Keep Consistent – As mentioned previously, Consistency is key when it comes to growing your audience. Keep posting new content every week, and not just Live streams. Also, bring up new topics regularly. Mix things up so that your audience can stay energized.
- Collaborate with Creators – Targeted collaborations with other content creators in your specialized field or who also do Live streams regularly, can help you reach people who are already familiar with your target audience.
- Promote your Live Stream – Start promoting your stream well in advance, so people have time to clear their schedules and make sure they don’t miss it. Also using your community post is a simple yet effective way to promote and notify people about your Live stream.
Live streaming on YouTube is a great way to reach out to a wide range of audiences. It is also a great way to earn money from your videos.
While live streaming is a great way to connect with people, it’s important to remember that pulling it off takes work and many things go into making it successful.
Also, don’t let those Live stream numbers fool you. They’re still low compared to some other types of video content.
You can check out more YouTube stats here. For example, on YouTube alone, over 2 billion videos are viewed daily. And while those stats might seem daunting, they do give us perspective.
On the other hand, it is also true that very fewer people do Live Streams, so that explains why statistics are lower compared to other video formats.
So, yes, live streaming is a growing trend, but it’s definitely something only some people want to do. And that’s okay. Because whether you love it or hate it, there are plenty of ways to use it to grow your brand.
If that is what you are into, then there is no doubt that with quality content and persistency, YouTube Live streams can turn into a goldmine of opportunities.